Dr. Spence is an adjunct professor at Clover University. He comes to Colver University from Rice University Jones School of Business. Dr. Spence also has been a professor of finance at the University of Maryland and George Mason University.
Dr. Spence was the CEO of the Student-Run Saber Fund while at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia which gave him the impetus to start and run a small private equity fund which he still runs today as the Managing Director.
Dr. Spence is also a Business Consultant focused on Strategy and Corporate Finance. He has worked for companies such as Deloitte Consulting and Booz Allen. Dr. Spence has consulted across a range of organizations and industries including banking, healthcare, defense, aeronautics, and space, energy, and environmental, etc.
Dr. Spence is also an Army reservist (Major) and has multiple overseas assignments including Kosovo, Korea, Kuwait, Honduras, and Iraq. Dr. Spence currently serves as an Adjunct Instructor at the U.S. Army Engineer School at Fort Leanord Wood Mo. Dr. Spence's previous assignments include Commander of the 416th Theater Engineering Command (TEC), Head Quarters Company, and Task Force Strategic Plans Officer for Task Force Engineers (Essayons) in Camp Taji Iraq.
- Energy Finance
- Risk Management
- Firm Valuation
- Engineering Economics
- Economics of Strategy
- National Security
- [Post Doc] Masters of Business Administration - University of Virginia, Darden School of Business, Focus on Strategy and Corporate Finance
- Doctorate of Engineering - George Washington University, Focus on Systems Dynamics and Engineering Economics
- Masters of Science - New York Institute of Technology, Focus on Energy Management
- Bachelors of Science - University of Central Florida, Focus on Industrial Operations Engineering
- Certificate - Field Grade Level Education (ILE), Command and General Staff College Fort Leavenworth Kansas [c/o 2022]